Friday, April 17, 2009

Don't Even Act Like that Cinnamon Toast Crunch Wasn't in the Bargain Cart!

I went to the grocery store this morning to get some milk, and on my way to the dairy refrigerators, I passed a "bargain grocery cart" full of Fruit Loops, Cocao Puffs, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for a buck fifty a box. I love me some CTC, so I dropped a box of it in my basket and proceeded to the self-checkout. "Two dollars, seventy-five cents," the female computer announced as I scanned the barcode on the cereal box. And I thought to myself, "Nuh-Uh. I will not pay full price, no matter how delicious." I notified the self-checkout attendant of the pricing error and she sent a stockboy to verify that the CTC was indeed from the bargain cart. He returned to let me, the attendant, and the others in line, know that CTC was NOT from the bargain cart, but that he'd allow the discount this once, becuase it had been on sale earlier in the week. Ohhhh.... busted, Bryan!

Why I was irritated enough to take my groceries to my car and then walk all the way back to the bargain cart at the back of the store is a little embarassing to me, but I did. And guess what I found? Three boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the dollar-fifty bargain cart! What I did next is even more embarassing. I found that stockboy who thought he'd caught me red-handed in an elaborate ploy to make off with a three dollar box of cereal for half-price, and I notified him of his folly. Boom! So what did I learn today? 1) There is something seriously wrong with me. 2) I hate being called a liar. 3) I am too sensitive (he probably wasn't calling me a liar). 4) I am now the type of person that will wait five minutes for a price-check to save a dollar... yikes. 5) I am always right. 6) I should let Carrie do the shopping from now on. 7) Work is boring today.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Holy balls, I love your posts. We need more from the mind of Bryan more often.

Funny that you're the person who will wait 5 minutes for a price check now.

I found out the summer before last when we were at a movie and there were a group of teenagers having fun and being a little noisy, that I have become the "Shoosh-er," I always despised. I found myself saying, "Shhhh!" and then immediately thought: "Oh crap, I'm old."

Christine said...

What grocery store were you at? I find that Albertsons likes to pull these shenanigans on me. Good for you for sticking up for your $1.50 CTC box! I think the store jerkwads need to know they can't always get away with lieing and overcharging, and making you feel like you're "getting away with something" when truly it's their fault. haha, okay, maybe I feel a little to strongly about this subject too.